If you are looking for a new floor covering for your home or other property, then you might be interested in wooden flooring. There are hundreds of different materials, types and styles which can be used when installing new flooring, each of which have their own set of advantages and disadvantages. See below for some of the advantages of having wooden flooring in your house.
- High quality wooden floors can last for a long time. When they are treated and looked after correctly, they can last for decades. They don’t tend to suffer from stains, holes and other damage as badly as carpets and other soft floor coverings can.
- Wood floors are typically easier to clean. A mop can clean up any mucky spills which might otherwise stain a carpet or other flooring.
- It is a more hygienic option for many – carpets can harbor a variety of bugs and mites which can badly effect people suffering from asthma or other allergies. This is also a plus for pet owners who want to prevent the spread of bugs or fleas.
- Wooden flooring won’t retain odour as well as carpets or rugs. After cleaning up a spill or mess, your wooden floor is good as new, whereas carpets keep hold of those nasty smells and stains.
- With wooden flooring, it’s easy to install underfloor heating, a very efficient way in which you can heat your house.
- If your wooden flooring has been damaged, it can be rectified with a simple sand and seal. It isn’t so simple when trying to repair a carpet.
Wooden flooring can offer warmth and a feel which is hard to find with other flooring materials. With such a range of woods and styles to choose from, the possibilities are endless. Why not contact a local flooring expert today to discuss your wooden flooring requirements.